They say numbers don’t lie, and recent research shows that by the year 2021, eCommerce sales will strikingly hit the number $4.9 million. Now, that’s huge. The future of eCommerce has lately become a buzzword because it is constantly changing due to new innovations and improved trends. However, for online businesses and commerce-based fanatics, it’s important to stay on top of everything and ahead of the competitors. To stay ahead in the competition, you have to remain on your toes.
It is important to remain ahead in the game, to achieve your desired goals and dreams. In ancient times, there used to be a seer,’ who used to predict future profits and upcoming events. You can also look at the report shared by Statista:
But, the world has become much advanced. Interestingly, now people use data to observe and predict future trends and transformations. Similarly, we can see where the wind is blowing, when it comes to the ever-changing ecommerce field.
So, we decided to see what’s coming for us? Are you game? Because we are.
Future of eCommerce – Uncover Consumer Products trends for 2021
With this guide to unveiling the latest trends, that will revolutionize the year 2021, we have seen that ecommerce is increasingly moving towards a global business model. But the main things that remain at the very core include the convenience of the customer and global accessibility. The reason for focusing on global accessibility is that the whole world is approaching the internet as one global market, so users can be from anywhere.
With the world converging and exploring the untapped areas of human potential empowered by technology, we have the leverage to improve upon our existing eCommerce solutions. So let’s see what we have in store?
- Voice Search has become so popular lately, and therefore online businesses and websites tend to optimize their sites to bring users directly. Because natural language processing helps in bringing more customers. People are currently advanced shopping technologies such as using Google Home and Amazon.
- Become a Google Merchant at Google Marketplace, by simply registering your account and signup for Google Ads. In addition to this, Google Analytics will empower you to analyze traffic, see your users, and plan marketing accordingly for your target market.
- The rise of Social Media Shopping and Social Commerce is also a result of integrated user-experience. This allows businesses to combine their social media such as a Facebook shop, Instagram shop, and Snapchat. It means that people prefer multichannel shopping, and user navigation becomes much easier especially for eCommerce customers and equally for businesses to increase sales.
- Isn’t it frustrating? When you are unable to test or experience the real feel of a product before buying? Well, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality has made it easier for shoppers to visually see the products from every angle, test its features, and make an informed decision. This would change the way eCommerce works especially AR/VR empowered eCommerce storefronts.
- Progressive web apps(PWA) are being used in eCommerce and AliExpress is said to be a PWA that is an online retail shop. The benefit of these apps is that they will provide a native app experience to your users, even if they are using two different devices. It is more beneficial for online eCommerce sites and businesses because no one has to go and download an app when they can get a similar experience with this app.
- M-Commerce is also a very popular buzzword that is being used. This way, you can target new potential customers and bring back older customers. Because there are more mobile users, and therefore commerce trends are shifting towards this. Moreover, you must have seen the ‘SMS Marketing’ and how it has brought significant results to seek customer’s attention.
- Personalized Content Marketing for eCommerce, has its own benefits. Because customers like being valued. It is important to understand your customers, their likes, interests, lifestyle, and then reach out to them. Make them feel special because an unhappy customer will cost you all the possible customers. Would you risk that? No! Well, then you have to know your customer and move accordingly.
- The relationship between AI and eCommerce is also a result of the future of eCommerce that is being revolutionized under the latest trends. This enables businesses to use data and target their customers. With the help of AI, you can create smart chatbots, and use recommendation engines to take the market by storm.
With the future of eCommerce, there are different trends that will take businesses to new horizons. In addition to the above mention trends, we have options like creating subscriptions, retargeting with new and revamped campaigns, and attaining a global business model for your eCommerce business.
Create Your Next eCommerce Solution
eCommerce doesn’t only stop at the latest trends, but it also includes the inception of omnichannel platforms, payment getaways. It is not only limited to B2C or B2B, but the shopping is going global with ‘cross-border shopping with ecommerce.’
Here you have the opportunity to leverage technology, where you can create your next eCommerce solution. Do you want to build an online store? Do you have an idea for an AI-empowered chatbot? Do you have any custom solution in mind? Well, now you can transform that idea into reality.
Tell Commersys experts and start today!