Invoice is the record of the payment placed against the sales order at the time of checkout process. There maybe one or multiple invoices exists against the single order, each includes information of the products that customer want to purchase.
The store owner can customize the invoice template, and add the Company Logo in the header section of the invoice template.
At present the sales order is recorded as a temporary record, creating invoice will convert it to sales order record permanently. And the invoice page have much resemblance with the completed order, though there are some additional fields exists in invoice page.
In most of the cases orders are invoiced and shipped after receiving and verification of payment. But there are some cases when order invoiced and shipped before receiving any payment for the order. Invoices can also be generated from a carrier account with packaging slip and shipping labels. Magento 2 Configuration also provides the option Automatically Invoice All Items which becomes available after the order status is changed to processing.
In some cases Invoice button is not visible, when invoicing step is automatically completed by the payment method when payment action is authorized.
- Open Sales -> Orders
- Click View (in Action column of the order)
- Locate the Invoice option in the header section
- You can generate full or partial invoice by choosing the specific products
- To generate partial invoice, just enter the correct Qty and click update Qty
- Additionally, you can notify the customer and email copy of invoice
- Mark the Email Copy of Invoice checkbox
- Enter the message as comment
- Submit the invoice
Printing multiple invoices
You can print multiple invoices in a single file following below steps:
- Open Sales -> Invoices
- Select the Invoices by marking the checkbox
- In top, set action to PDF Invoices