What is Magento used for? How do you become a Magento developer? How much does a Magento developer make? And what is the future of Magento? Since you are on this page, you must be seeking answers to these problems.
Custom Magento development is a thing! As Magento is one of the highly reputed eCommerce platforms of the world, there are tons of career opportunities available for everyone willing to choose it as a profession. If you want to choose it as your line of work, this guide comes in handy. So we are going to address all your Magento developer job description concerns permanently.
This specific guide is prepared to help you learn about the Magento developer job description, Magento developer salary, and if you want to hire dedicated Magento developer for your big project.
So let’s dive right in with an important question. What is Magento used for?
Magento & Its Uses
Accessing the internet is made easy for everyone. This is why online shopping statistics continue to mount each year:
- Over two billion people bought products and services in 2020.
- E-retail sales excelled at 4.2 trillion alone in the United States.
- Argentina scored greater percentage growth during the worldwide panic.
- Singly in the U.S, the sales are anticipated to exceed $740 billion by 2023.
In light of the above figures, eCommerce is rising in power and robust solutions are needed. eCommerce experts believe that Magento can take care of your customer’s needs very well. Listed below are nine big reasons why you should use hire a dedicated Magento developer. As well as pursue your career in custom Magento development.
- It lets you get rid of sloppy and lousy shopping experiences.
- Its community is huge; developers worldwide use it for their custom Magento development needs.
- It provides the highest quality.
- It’s economically advantageous.
- It’s always open for queries. Your concerns get escalated within the first couple of hours.
- It gives you real success; your customers won’t turn their backs on you.
- Tons of useful features are available for you to give a seamless experience to your clients.
- A diverse range of Magento extensions is there. You can easily download them or buy on low cost.
- Its multi-language support is real.
Magento Developer Job description
Is Magento difficult to learn? Well, it is at the moment considered as one of the toughest PHP systems out there. But, is Magento worth learning? It is worth learning beyond a doubt!
Magento is code-named as the hitman of eCommerce platforms. Its popularity is rising to an extent that it sometimes feels like it might butcher the other platform’s success.
About the Magento developer job description, let’s give you better justifications on why you should invest your money, time, and energy in learning custom Magento development.
Do you know what is the importance of knowing the basics and why? Right now, you have a keen appetite for custom Magento development. If you try satisfying your hunger at once you would later feel like you had eaten nothing. Likewise, if you stuff your brain with Magento info directly, there is a possibility you might forget many of its things. So, we suggest you start with the basics.
1- Start With the Basics
You are probing to learn custom Magento development from scratch and want to increase your skillset. Starting with the basics can help you carry out your dreams.
After this, you must become an expert at PHP language, particularly PHP 5.6-7, if you want to work with Magento 2.
Besides all this, getting started with OOP is a requirement. Understanding MVC architecture and modular development rules are essential.
MySQL is a necessity to find solutions to problems. Cache techniques such as Zend cache are also significant.
2- Enroll in Magento Courses
Nothing is better than learning at your own pace. Enlisting in online courses can help you learn and practice Magento 1 and Magento 2 comfortably. Udemy offers fantastic Magento-related courses.
Whether you’re the owner of a small business using Magento to frame up your first online site, a developer curious about custom Magento development, or offering Magento services to a client, Udemy has a best-rated course to help you attain your objectives.
The course goes by the name ‘getting started with Magento.’ It offers 8 sections, 48 lectures, 3h 28m is the total length of the course. Its original price is $84.99 but, it’s on discount and goes by this price ($13.99) these days.
3- Subscribe to Magento Blogs & YouTube Channels
Let us tell you about the top five Magento blogs and YouTube channels to follow right now!
Go and subscribe now, what’s stopping you!
How Much Does a Magento Developer Make?
About Magento developer salary, ZipRecruiter says that you can earn about $89,956 per year. The division goes like this:
- $43 /hour
- $89,956 Nationwide
- The hourly rate is equivalent to $1,730/week or $7,496/month
- Annual salaries can go as high as $131,500 and as low as $27,000
- Magento developer salary range between $72,500 (25th percentile)
- $108,500 (75th percentile) with high wage earner (90th percentile) making $125,000 yearly across the United States
What Is The Future of Magento?
Is Magento losing market share? Is Magento still used? Are Magento developers in demand? These are the top searches on the future custom Magento development.
Magento by no means is losing market share. It’s still very much relevant and the developers are high-in-demand. About its future, you will see AI being incorporated in Magento along with progressive web apps.
Our talk on custom Magento development is pretty much done. We have covered the Magento developer job description, Magento developer salary, and the future of Magento for you.
If you landed here to Hire dedicated Magento developer, Commersys is Magento certified. Our certified Magento developers can elevate your new or current business to new heights.
Simply connect with us here.